Thursday, December 10, 2009

My comfort food

There are times in our life when we need a little comforting. And food, for some of us, is very comforting!



When I was a very young girl, I was sick and wasn't eating very much. My mother came up with this "Egg in a Bowl" meal. I loved it! And to this day it is one of my comfort meals.



The "Egg in a bowl" is good anytime! I have put a twist on it since my mom made it for me, but it is still one of my favoriate comfort meals and it always makes me think of my mom.




  1. Toast a piece of bread. Back in my day it was good ole' white Wonder bread. You can use wheat if you like.

  2. Butter the toast and cut into square pieces and place in a bowl.

  3. Soft boil one egg.

  4. While the egg is cooking, fry two slices of bacon nice and crisp.

  5. When the egg is done, break it into the bowl on top of the toast.

  6. Crumble the bacon on top of the egg.

OMG! This is so good! Pour youself a nice cold glass of milk and call it a yummy!



My twist on the "Egg in a bowl" is a sandwich.




  1. Toast two slices of bread.

  2. Place a nice slice of Velvetta cheese on top of the toast. The cheese will begin to melt.

  3. Fry 3 or 4 slices of bacon nice and crisp and when done place on top of the cheese. Ahhh yes the cheese will melt a bit more....

  4. Place a fried egg on top of the bacon, slap the other piece of toast on top and there you have it! Your new comfort sandwich.

I like my egg "pokie" so that the yolk runs all over the bacon.



Until next time this is Kitchen Cutie saying, "Don't just cook, add a heaping cup of love to everything you cook."

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited about your blog- I miss you and I miss your good cookin'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely thrilled that you've created a blog!! I always enjoy chatting with you when you're here, so I know I'm going to enjoy your blog.

    Here goes..... I go to the gym on Tues. & Thurs. evenings, so dinner is always something quick and east. Last night, I made this for the kiddos and myself - what a "hit". So simple and so good. Definetly a comfort food and a mighty tasty one too. I made it as posted for the kiddos and substituted my low-carb "bread" in mine. It was excellent!! I'm been craving Mexican food lately, so I'm going to make this again soon and use some chorizo and toss in some salsa. YUMMMMMM!!

    Thanks Barb!!

    ReplyDelete